The Elite Structural Welding Program prepares students for journeyman level positions in residential, commercial, and industrial structural steel welding. These types of welders can be found in various areas such as light and heavy commercial or industrial shop fabrication, plants, refineries, power plants, manufacturing facilities, and more.
• Safety and OSHA 10 Training Certificate
• Tool and Grinder Safety
• Oxy/Acetylene Torch Cutting
• Welding Intro – Terminology, Plate Preparation, Weld Positions and Electrode Types
• SMAW E7018 in Flat, Horizontal and Vertical positions
• SMAW “T” Joint Fillet Welds using E6010 and E7018 in the Horizontal 2F, Vertical 3F and Overhead 4F positions
• GMAW “T” Joint Fillet Welds in the Horizontal 2F, Vertical 3F and Overhead 4F positions
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging
• FCAW Butt Joint Groove Welds without backing in the Flat 1G, Horizontal 2G, Vertical 3G and Overhead 4G positions
• SMAW Butt Joint Groove Welds with backing using E7018 in the Flat 1G, Horizontal 2G, Vertical 3G and Overhead 4G positions
• SMAW Butt Joint Groove Welds without backing using E6010 in the Horizontal 2G and Vertical 3G positions
• SMAW Butt Joint Groove Welds with backing in the Horizontal 2G and Vertical 3G positions.
• Job Ready Weld Test administered by a CWI to make sure students are ready for their upcoming career.
• Job preparation, resume building, online craft profile creation, and pre/post employment practices
View other Programs
Arkansas Elite’s mission is to provide ELITE, rigorous, and revolutionary training. We offer: